The new Erasmus+ programme for 2021-2027 has just been launched, bringing over €26,2bn to suport mobility and cooperation.
Are you an Erasmus lover? Would you like to do your bit to raise awareness about its benefits between your peers? Become an Erasmus Ambassador & empower European citizens: organise a local event & we will support your expenses with up to €250! Send us your application no later than 5 October 2021!
Who’s behind this initiative?
garagErasmus Foundation (gE), the professional network of the Erasmus Generation who aims at supporting the shaping of a better-integrated Europe by improving the lives of people who had an international study or work experience. This action counts with the support of our umbrella organisation, the Erasmus+ Student and Alumni Alliance (ESAA).
How will “ERASMUS & EU : TIME TO SHINE AGAIN” project promote the Erasmus+ programme?
Funded by the Erasmus+ Student and Alumni Alliance (ESAA), the project will develop a series of local activities in order to promote the programme’s benefits among European Youth. garagErasmus will assist young people (Erasmus Ambassadors) from all over Europe to organise their local events all around the European Union. An event will be also organised in an extra-EU country.
Would you like to become an Ambassador? Apply for it, attend our training sessions in October & learn how to organise local events!
gE is currently looking for at least one Erasmus Ambassador from each member state of the European Union. Once the selection process is completed, during the second half of October 2021, we will train you about the Erasmus+ programme & event organisation with experts on Zoom. These two online training sessions -entirely in English- will be held during 14 & 15 October 2021 afternoon and will enable you to organise at least one local event in the city you are currently living in.
So… what should you do after the training event? How should you organise the local event?
gE will guide you through the process, help recruit participants and will contribute to its financial support (maximum contribution is 250€/event, including complimentary expenses such as food or the rent of the venue). Right after the training you will have to submit a proposal including a provisional budget, but no panic: this will be one of the central elements of the training session!
What is the aim of our local events?
The aim of these local events is giving the opportunity to young people from all over Europe to deepen their knowledge about the Erasmus+ programme and the opportunity it brings for European citizens, creating an EU citizenship.
Why should you become an Erasmus Ambassador?
Becoming an ambassador will give you the opportunity to:
– Take part in our training session on the new Erasmus+ programme;
– Learn how to organise your own event(s) involving local communities with a small budget to manage;
– Promote European citizenship between those people who are not fully aware of the benefits of EU programmes, particularly Erasmus+!
What are the requirements to become an Erasmus Ambassador?
Our main target is people who have an international mindset, particularly focusing on the Erasmus Generation (current and former exchange students and alumni), as they are the most pro-European and tend to have a higher interest in EU related issues. These are the main selection criteria:
– Being between 18 & 35 years old;
– Being currently based in an EU member state, no matter where you come from;
– Have an international mindset. A proven experience in EU exchange programmes (such as an Erasmus+ traineeship or university exchange, an Erasmus+ project at school or an experience abroad with the European Voluntary Service) will be highly valued;
– A good command of the local language of the country you are living now in order to reach people who do not speak foreign languages. Likewise, a good level of English is required in order to attend the training & effectively communicate with garagErasmus;
– Last but not least, having a real motivation for the project.
How should you apply for it?
By filling the form below no later than 5 October 2021 (23:59 CEST). If you have any doubts, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.