Are you passionate about Erasmus & international exchanges? Are you willing to be part of a pan-European network? We cannot wait to have you on board!
We are looking for a motivated and creative Communications Officer (CIP contract) in the operational office of garagErasmus in Brussels, at the hearth of the EU bubble, in a young professional and international environment.
Starting date: As soon as possible
To apply please send an email with the subject “Communications Officer Vacancy” to email@example.com by Sunday 1 May 2022. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Working time of 38 hours per week. Work during weekends may occur whenever necessary with time off in lieu as compensation. Depending on the development of the current COVID-situation and the ability to organise international events, the position may require travels in Europe several times.
- High motivation, willingness to learn and a responsible, proactive attitude;
- Strong interest and good knowledge of social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedInetc)
- Writing and content creation skills
- Flexible and creative worker
- Communication skills and the ability to work both in a team and independently
- Strong written and spoken English (additional languages -Italian, French, Spanish- are a plus)
- Knowledge of MS Office & Google Suite. Experience using Mailchimp would be considered an asset
- Basic photo and video editing skills (ex: Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, Canva) and/or video editing skills
- Independent user of WordPress
- A broad vision of the future of communications, marketing, news and media with a strong understanding of the latest trends and technology.
- Availability to travel inside the EU.
- Keen interest in the ASBL’s areas of activity (youth, education and social innovation) and non profit work (projects/events/association management/administration, etc.)
- Experience in the NGO sector will be considered a plus.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Belgium.
- Support designing and creating content for a wide range of communication materials, (brochures, leaflets, reports, newsletters, presentations and videos, branding materials,etc);
- Social Media management and Public Relations related tasks;
- Support in development and maintenance of the website;
- SEO/SEM development.
- Dissemination of projects, activities and events. If needed support with project management
- Brainstorming support on how to generally improve our communication strategy
- CIP contract of 6 months under Belgian law – possibility to prolong the contract
- Monthly ticket for public transport in Brussels (part of salary) + lunch voucher + travel reimbursements when travelling for gE
- Young, dynamic environment