On February 25th from 9:00 am to 12:30 PM the event entitled “Youth engagement and new Erasmus+ programme” will be held at the Aula Magna Storica of the Rectorate – Banchi di Sotto 5, with a special focus on the topics: green, digital skills, social inclusion. The event will be open to all students of the University of Siena.
This event is organised in the framework of the EUth Pages for Europe project, aiming at promoting the Conference on the Future of Europe through local events all around the EU, supported by garagErasmus Foundation, the professional network of the Erasmus Generation that aims to support the shaping of better-integrated Europe, and co-funded by the European Union.
The objectives of the event are:
– Empowering students to learn about and participate in the opportunities that the European Commission offers;
– Aiming at the active participation of students in society, allowing them to have a critical thought on the policies adopted by the European Commission in the areas of green, digital skills, social inclusion;
– Drafting of a policy paper to be delivered to the institutions created as a result of brainstorming moments, containing all our proposals regarding the topics mentioned above.
- 9:00-9:15 | Institutional greetings (Dr. Annalisa Poggialini, Unisi International Relations Office; Gerlando Sciabica, president of ESN Italy; Rocco Tomasiello, president of ESN Siena GES)
- 9:15-9:45 | Interactive presentation on the conference on the future of Europe, European Year of Youth and the new Erasmus+ programme 2021-2027 (Gianpiero Petruzziello, Policy Assistant Tuscany Region Brussels). Interactivity will allow us to ask questions of the target group to get feedback on the level of information about these issues and how to engage them more in the future.
- 9:45-10:30 | Talk on horizontal priorities of the new Erasmus+ programme: “Ecological transition and Green Deal” (Prof. Montini); “The challenges of the Next Generation EU” (Emanuele Scamardella); “Diversity, Disability, Inclusion” (Prof.ssa Romano). All of the speakers are Erasmus+ Alumni, so they will also be involved in promoting mobility.
- 10:30-11:00 | Coffee break
- 11:00 | Time to act! Participants will be able to follow one of the following workshops: Green (facilitator: Alessandro Dini); Digital skills (facilitator: Chiara Ferrari); Social inclusion (facilitator: Sara Tagliabracci). The facilitators of the workshops are ESN Italy trainers specialized in these topics. According to the activities, the outputs of the project are the contributions of the young people on all the topics we talked about, focusing on the CoFoE platform and how to stay informed and included in the decision making process of the institutions. Feedback will also be gathered from what emerges in the second part of the morning where the facilitators themselves will be in charge of fostering an exchange of new ideas and make them expendable through a policy paper to be then presented to the institutions.
- 12:00-12:30 | Debriefing, end of the event and closing remarks.
Volunteers of ESN Siena will be involved in the production of photo and video material to be used as additional content to be provided to the institutions to promote more and more initiatives of this kind. In the debriefing moment, there will be the possibility to start a debate on the issues touched, which can then continue through the use of a survey where the target group can talk openly about the issues touched and talk about how much they feel involved in the decision-making process of the institutions. This moment will be fundamental to understand if what has just been done has aroused an interest and involvement of the students.