About the project
War and conflicts harm the mental, psychological and social well-being of youth. According to UNICEF, the war in eastern Ukraine not only threaten young people’s physical safety, but hostilities also jeopardize futures and cause psychosocial distress. That’s why it’s so important to stimulate productive conversations that help to ease the uncertainties this situation may create. For young people, war issues can be an important moment to teach about peace, hope, cooperation, and the role we can all play in creating a better future. The most meaningful step to tackle these issues is to develop awareness and train young people by creating innovative educational solutions regarding peacebuilding, conflict resolutions, and sustaining dialogue environments among different cultures.
PEDITORY aims to develop new tools to connect youth with different cultural backgrounds to enable them to build strong, resilient, respectful and peaceful communities. The project contains these newly developed peace education tools, that are freely accessible for people working with youth with different backgrounds in and outside the EU. Therefore, the project partners will develop a combination of peace education and digital storytelling tools to encourage young people to build strong bound with sustaining peace. In that sense, educational materials can be used by youth workers all over Europe.
Peditory’s specific aims are…
- Aims to develop innovative peace education tools to connect youth with different cultural backgrounds to enable them to build strong, resilient, respectful and peaceful communities
- Train, support and inspire youth workers to enact localised projects on peace education and dialogue between conflict groups of youths to promote inclusive societies and social cohesion
- Develop, test, publish and disseminate toolkit on peace education through digital storytelling by using virtual peacemakers platform
- Provide young people digital environment that they can share their ideas and stories to sustain peace in community
- Promote European values that are transferable in their future education, employment and personal development
- To tackle social exclusion and overcome societal conflicts through youth work4
- Promote quality standards in youth work by increasing youth organisations’ and local authorities’ expertise in quality non-formal education, the human rights approach, and project management.
Complete our survey
Peditory aims at raising awareness about peace education at the international level by providing young people with educational tools to become advocates and educators on peace and conflict resolution.
PARTNERS OF THE PROJECT
Federação das Associações Juvenis do Distrito de Braga
Social Effect Network
Instituto Nacional para el Desarrollo Personal, el Coaching y la Inteligencia Emocional (INDEPCIE)
İzmir Valiliği İl Sosyal Etüt ve Proje Müdürlüğü
Q-Hub – Crimean project and educational platform
January 2023 – January 2025